Masked Reader challenge for World Book Day
For World Book Day this year some of our staff members donned a disguise and read extracts from popular books and poems.
The students had the task of guessing all 15 readers behind the masks to earn character points and certificates. It wasn’t as easy as you might think!
We had an amazing 252 entries for The Masked Reader challenge! A huge thank you to everybody that helped to make it happen; showing it in class, had a go at guessing or discussed it with the students.
A very special thanks to our Masked Readers, who were revealed as…
- Miss Hewitt - How we Fall Apart by Katie Zhao
- Mr Collett - The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- Mrs Appleton - Saw my Teacher on a Saturday by David Crawley
- Mrs S. Hart - Infinity Reaper by Adam Silvera
- Miss Silcock - Cinderella is Dead by Kalynn Bayron
- Mrs Bubb – The Hitchhiker’s guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- Ms Hobson - Undercover Princess by Connie Glynn
- Mr Maguire - Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- Ms Wilcox - The Boy at the Back of the Class by Onjali Q.Rauf
- Mrs Hardy - Monsters of Rookhaven by Patrick Kenny
- Mrs Campbell - Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- Miss McGivern - Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Mrs Mahoney - Knocked out by my Nunga- Nunga’s by Louise Rennison
- Mrs Greaves - How to Look for a Lost Dog by Ann M. Martin
- Mrs Gale - The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
We hope that our students enjoyed this challenge as a taster for our upcoming Literary festival in June.