Sixth Form Applications
Sixth Form Admissions Policy and Procedural Arrangements
Policy and Procedural Arrangements for Sixth Form Admissions
Entry to Year 12 is on the basis of academic ability demonstrated by achievement at GCSE.
All applicants will complete an application form to nominate their A Level subject selection. For entry into Year 12 in September 2023, our Published Admission Number (PAN) for external students, i.e. those who have not up to that point studied at Sutton Coldfield Grammar School for Girls, is 20. The Sixth Form is open to girls only.
Places in the Sixth Form are offered on the basis of the following criteria:
- A minimum of Grade 5 in either English Language or Literature and in Mathematics;
- A minimum of five different subjects graded 7-9;
- The availability of places, bearing in mind the total efficiency of the School;
- Meeting the required criteria for three or more subjects to be studied at A-Level. In order to be able to take a particular subject at A-Level, a grade 7-9 at GCSE in that subject is expected. Where the subject to be studied has not been taken at GCSE, an equivalent subject may be used at the discretion of the School.
Where Sixth Form places are over-subscribed, the following criteria will be applied to the allocation of places, in the order given below. Within each of the criteria, there will be rank ordering, based on academic ability demonstrated by GCSE grades:
- Children who are looked after or previously looked-after children (CLA)
- Students in receipt of Pupil Premium funding (ie eligible for free school meals at any point in the 6 years prior to the application closing date. The School will require proof of eligibility for Pupil Premium funding with the final school report for predicted grades and reserves the right to withdraw the offer of a place if it has been made on the basis of an incorrect or misleading application)
- All other students.
Conditional places will be offered based on predicted GCSE grades supplied by the applicant’s school or in a school report.
Places will be confirmed following the publication of GCSE results. Applicants need to provide proof of their GCSE results to the School between 11.00am and 1.00pm on GCSE Results Day. Students due to be away on Results Day must make arrangements for their results to be sent to the School. If proof of results is not received by 1.00pm, the conditional offer of a place may be withdrawn. Students also need to bring proof of eligibility for Pupil Premium funding or that they are CLA.
Sixth Form Curriculum
We offer A-Levels in:
- Computer Science
- Drama & Theatre Studies
- English Literature
- Further Maths
- Government and Politics
- Media Studies
- Religious Studies
Students also have the opportunity to complete an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ).
A-Level subject information and further information about the EPQ can be found here.
Our consistent examination success is unquestionable, as demonstrated by our high position in all league tables. Over 95% of our students continue into higher education, with around 60% gaining places at Russell Group universities. We offer comprehensive preparation for university entrance including Oxbridge. Some of the most popular subject choices include History, English, Medicine, Mathematics, Modern Foreign Languages, Business Studies and Law.
We encourage students to explore all routes which has included the KPMG school-leavers' programme as well as apprenticeships e.g. JLR and Cushman & Wakefield, whilst on gap years.
Our weekly choices sessions enable us to invite external providers including companies and universities, to ensure that students are provided with up to date and relevant information.
A list of last year's student destinations are available below:
Apply for September 2024
When you have your predicted GCSE grades, you can apply for a place in our Sixth Form for September 2024 by clicking on the red button below.
Please note this application form cannot be saved and must be completed with evidence of your predicted GCSE grades.
If you have any questions regarding the process, please do not hesitate to contact the sixth form team using the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in the Sixth Form at Sutton Coldfield Grammar School for Girls