Were you a student at Sutton Coldfield Grammar School for Girls?
The school has teamed up with 'Future First' to develop our alumni community and we are keen to engage with former students of the school, regardless of age.
Once details have been registered, we will be able to provide updates on school news and share opportunities to be involved in the life of the school.
Please access the link below to complete the form online.
SCGSG Old Girl's Association
Sutton Coldfield Grammar School for Girls' Old Girls' Association was formed following the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations at the school on 1st July 1989.
About 500 former pupils attended this event, 26 of them having attended the school when it was founded in 1929.
A suggestion was made on this occasion that, having met their old school friends again, it would be good to keep in touch, and so the OGA was born. Its objectives (according to the constitution) are:
1) to support the school and former pupils by all legitimate means
2) to provide means for social functions, special activities and fellowship amongst the members
- Our main social event of the year is the annual lunch, usually held in May.
- We also have a very nice lunch following our AGM on the last Saturday in September.
- Newsletters are published twice a year.
- The Link magazine is published once a year.
Upcoming OGA Events
OGA 90th Anniversary Lunch
As you may be aware, this year marks the 90th anniversary of the opening of the school. So we want to make the Old Girls’ Association lunch on Saturday 18th May a very special occasion. We would be delighted to welcome former pupils and teachers to attend our annual lunch as well as members of the OGA. This would be an excellent chance to share experiences and memories from over the years. A bumper attendance would be a great start! Below are a few of documents relating to the celebration lunch in May:
- OGA 2019 Spring Newsletter
- 2019 Lunch Reply Form
- Membership and Standing Order Form 2018-2019 Mid-year
Saturday 28th September